Frequently Asked Questions
5th, 6th, and 7th grade elementary students are welcome to visit Mount Carmel Academy to experience a true high school day. Each visitor will be paired up with one of our students and follow her schedule for the day. You may request a specific student or let us pair one up for you. Visitors are asked to wear their school uniform, and lunch is provided
The 2017-2018 Visitor Day dates begin September 5th and conclude November 10th. Fifth, sixth and seventh grade girls are welcome to spend the day on any regular school day. We will also host spring spend-a-days on the following dates: March 19, 23 and April 9, 13, 16, 20.
Visitors are welcome any day that we are in session. Call us a week in advance of your visit. 504.288.7626 x 4127
- For the 2017-2018 application year, the archdiocese application card will be made available to Catholic elementary schools on November 13, 2017. Application cards will be distributed to students of Catholic elementary schools. Students not attending Catholic elementary schools may pick up a card at Mount Carmel Academy or download an application form.
- All application cards with transcripts and standardized test scores from the past three years are due to Mount Carmel Academy on November 17, 2017. All students who attend a Catholic elementary school: your principal will forward your records to Mount Carmel Academy for you.
- Mount Carmel Academy will send a letter to all applicants in December with a time and date for their personal interview. Interviews will be conducted on a Saturday in January.
- All applicants must attend Application Day at 8:00 a.m. on January 6, 2018 in Mount Carmel Academy's Mother Therese Chevrel Assembly Center. Applicants will take a placement test.
- Letters of acceptance / non-acceptance will be mailed February 22, 2018.