Cub Connection begins this coming Monday, July 6th! I hope that you are excited and ready to begin your journey at MCA!
A couple of reminders:
Dates and times
Cub Connection is from Monday, July 6 - Friday, July 24
The first day of Cub Connection, Monday, July 6, begins at 7:45 a.m. Every other day of Cub Connection runs from 8 a.m. until noon.
Drop off and Pick up
Drop off will be in two locations based upon the first letter of the student’s last name:
Last names A – M: walk-up gate on Milne Blvd. closest to Robert E. Lee Blvd.
Last names N – Z: Walker Street at the pedestrian gate that leads into our four-story building.
Pick up will be in two locations based upon the first letter of the student’s last name:
Last names A – M: Horseshoe
Last names N – Z: Walker Street at the pedestrian gate.
All the students riding in one car will go together to the location based upon the letter of the driving family’s last name.
Please do not walk onto campus to pick up your daughter.
Checking out early or arriving late - If you need to check out your daughter early please call ahead with the time and an Ambassador will bring your daughter to the office. If you arrive late please call the front office so that your daughter can enter and have her temperature checked. There will be a note on the door with the number to call when you arrive.
- The school has been professionally sanitized.
- Temperature check stations will be at the main entrances for students, staff, teachers and anyone coming onto the campus. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4° will not be allowed in school. Ambassadors will oversee the two Cub Connection entrance locations. Students with a temperature over 100.4° will be rechecked and upon a 2nd high reading will need to call home to be picked up immediately. A doctor’s note will be required for return.
- Each classroom will be equipped with disinfectant spray bottles and all desks and surfaces will be sprayed down hourly between each class. Doors will be left open to reduce contact and touching.
- All people entering campus should wear a mask (that they purchase/provide). Masks should be worn by everyone when moving place to place as well as anytime there is close proximity between people. If sitting six feet apart, a mask is not required, but suggested. Masks should be either class or school colors (brown, white, beige, purple, pink or blue) and should be solid color or pattern. Masks may not include any words, political statements, or distracting images. We encourage students to have their names labeled on the inside of the mask. Students should not “share” masks. Masks must cover both the nose and mouth.
- Students will stay with their group throughout all of Cub Connection to reduce co-mingling. The 16 girls in a section will have all four classes and snack break together.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout the campus. Teachers will have sanitizer within their classrooms. Students are recommended to bring their own personal hand sanitizer as well.
- Water fountains will not be available and will be covered. It is recommended that students bring a water bottle with them. Drinks will also be available for purchase at their snack break time.
- Hallways and stairs will have one-way traffic (marked with floor decals and wall signs.) Ambassadors will lead the students from place to place to help with getting around the campus.
- Lockers will have magnets to differentiate groups that can go at certain times to maintain social distancing.
- Students will be reminded to stay socially distanced and the sharing of supplies will be limited.
- Students, teachers and Ambassadors will be reminded to stay home if they are sick or are displaying any symptoms such as fever, sore throat, shortness of breath, or if they have been exposed to anyone that is symptomatic.
COVID-19 Parent Responsibility
If your daughter is sick, please do not send her to Cub Connection.
If your daughter or a member of your family is diagnosed with COVID-19, please contact us immediately.
The CDC guidelines state, “Anyone who has been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19” needs to quarantine themselves. According to the CDC, close contact is defined as
- Being within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for at least 15 minutes;
- Providing care at home for someone who has COVID-19;
- Having direct contact with the person (touched, kissed, hugged);
- Sharing eating or drinking utensils;
- Been exposed to a sneeze or cough from someone with COVID-19;
- Students who have been in close contact (as defined above) with someone with COVID-19 will be required to not attend Cub Connection for 14 days from the time of exposure.
There will be a snack time every day around 10 a.m., and you may bring snacks from home or purchase snacks and drinks from a Snack Cart. Snacks will be delivered to students so that they may stay in their classrooms in small groups. You may pay for snacks with cash or if you are staying for Summer Camp you have a pre-paid option. (A drink and snack can be purchased for about $3.)
Dress casually, modestly, and comfortably. I would recommend tennis shoes and please be mindful of the length of shorts. Students are not allowed to come to Cub Connection with faddish, unnatural hair color. You will receive your Cub Connection shirt on the first day - wear it as often as you would like and on every Friday!
You do not need to bring any books or notebooks with you. We will give you everything you need on the first day. Students are allowed to keep their powered-off cell phones with them, however, they are not allowed to have them out or use them during Cub Connection.
Summer Camp or Service Learning Camp
If you are staying for an afternoon Summer Camp or for Service Learning Camp, you will eat lunch at noon in the classrooms by the Admissions Office and then report to your camp at 12:30. Your lunch options will be to bring your own lunch from home or order a prepaid lunch (orders due by the Friday before your week of camp) by clicking here.
Pick up from camp is at 4 p.m. from the carpool line. (Last names A-L by Assembly Center and M-Z from Horseshoe.)
Also, please make sure that you have responded to the Cub Connection registration link. This enables you to pay registration if you have not already done so, as well as let us know if your daughter will be absent for any days.
STUDENTS WHO HAVE NOT PAID FOR CUB CONNECTION WILL NOT RECEIVE THEIR MACBOOKS ON THE FIRST DAY.
Thank you and see you soon!
All the best,
Director of Admissions
Mount Carmel Academy