- How do I spend the day?
- What is Open House?
- Is it better to enter MCA as an 8th or 9th grader?
- What is the enrollment at MCA and how big are the classes?
- Do you offer financial assistance?
- Do you accept students of other religions?
- What is the Application Process?
5th, 6th, and 7th grade elementary students are welcome to visit Mount Carmel Academy to experience a true high school day. Each visitor will be paired up with one of our students and follow her schedule for the day. You may request a specific student or let us pair one up for you. Visitors are asked to wear their school uniform, and lunch is provided.
Open House is one of the best ways to learn more about Mount Carmel Academy. On your student-guided tour, you will learn more about our rigorous college prep curriculum and extraordinary co-curricular activities while exploring our beautiful campus. Our next Open House is Thursday, October 10, 2019 with continuous tours from 3-7 p.m.
Mount Carmel offers ten $500 academic scholarships to incoming eighth grade students. Students whose parents demonstrate a financial need may also apply to the work scholarship program. The amount of the scholarship varies depending on each individual situation. By participating in this program, students and parents are required to perform a specified number of hours working for the school.
Learn more about financial assistance.
Mount Carmel Academy follows the admission procedures of the Archdiocese of New Orleans.
- For the 2019-2020 application year, the archdiocese application card will be made available to Catholic elementary schools on November 13, 2019. Application cards will be distributed to students of Catholic elementary schools.
- Students not attending Catholic elementary schools may pick up a card at Mount Carmel Academy or download an Non-Catholic School Application Form
- All application cards with transcripts and standardized test scores from the past three years are due to Mount Carmel Academy on November 15, 2019. All students who attend a Catholic elementary school: your principal will forward your records to Mount Carmel Academy for you.
- Mount Carmel Academy will send a letter to all applicants in December with a time and date for their personal interview. Interviews will be conducted on January 18 and January 25, 2019.
- All applicants must attend Application Day at a.m. on January 11, 2020 in Mount Carmel Academy's Mother Therese Chevrel Assembly Center. Applicants will take a placement test.
- Letters of acceptance / non-acceptance will be mailed February 20, 2020.
Have another question? Please contact our Admissions Office, 504.288.7630 or firstname.lastname@example.org.