On March 17, Mount Carmel Academy's Science Olympiad team competed in the regional competition at Nicholls State University. Awards earned for individual events contributed to the team's overall third place win! The team advanced to the state competition at Southeastern Louisiana University on March 24.
Events for which individual students earned medals are:
- Chemistry Lab: Adeline Chappuis, Laura DeHart
- Optics: Sarah Liang, Abby Samaha
- Anatomy and Physiology: Ashley Couget, Meredith Noonan
- Microbe Mission: Caroline Gillen, Sara Saak
- Mousetrap Vehicle: Laura DeHart, Sara Saak
- Astronomy: Tamyka Agnant, Meredith Noonan
- Disease Detectives: Cassidy Chappuis, Caroline Gillen
- Game On: Laura DeHart, Sarah Liang
- Helicopters: Caroline Crisp, Ashley Couget
Science Olympiad team members are Tamyka Agnant, Adeline Chappuis, Cassidy Chappuis, Ashley Couget, Caroline Crisp, Laura DeHart, Caroline Gillen, Sarah Liang, Ashley Lou, Meredith Noonan, Abby Samaha, Sara Saak, and Grace Zschiesche.