Student-teacher ratio: 9:1
Faculty and staff members: 164
Average class size: 15
MacBook Air Laptops: 1:1
Full-time Guidance Counselors: 8
College Scholarship Coordinator: 1
Total Hours Devoted to Service in 2016-17: 71,643
- Daily classes begin at 7:50 a.m. and dismissal is at 3:10 p.m. Classes rotate on a daily basis with four 75-minute classes, a 45-minute lunch and a 45-minute Independent Study period. During Independent Study (IS), student have access to teachers and learning labs staffed by teachers.
- Come Lord Jesus Prayer Groups meet once every other week to develop students' relationships with Jesus.
- MCCARE. Mount Carmel Cubs Are Reading Everyday. 10-minute school-wide daily silent reading.
- Each day, a decade of the rosary is said.
- Students may be dropped off as early as 6:30 a.m. and stay until 6 p.m.
- Recognized for the fourth time by the Cardinal Newman Society as being named to the Catholic Education Honor Roll as a 2014 School of Excellence.
- Recognized as a Top 50 Catholic High School in the U.S. and the only Louisiana school to receive the honor in 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, and the recipient of the Excellence in Civics Education from the Acton Society. The society also named Mount Carmel a Best Catholic High School, 2007 and 2012.
- Recognized twice as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Recognized twice nationwide by Today's Catholic Teacher: In 2012 for the national Catholic Schools for Tomorrow Award for Innovations in Technology and in 2015 for the national Innovations in Catholic Education Award for the Faculty Learning Lab.
- Recipient of the Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Spring Testing Award for 22 consecutive years.
- 379/400 Index of Educational Quality Score for the AdvancED/SACS accreditation visit.
- Recognized for maintaining 50 years of continuous accreditation from the Southern Associaton of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI).